The worldwide agricultural commodity industry is undergoing profound change. Particularly so in Africa where, aware of the sector's major role in food self-sufficiency and its share of the labour force, the states want to see their food commodities better valued and more efficiently farmed.
To meet these trends, the sector's leading players are looking for end-to-end supply chain partners capable of entering into a long-term agreement with them and providing solutions to their many challenges:
- The difficult infrastructure and regulatory environment of the many markets, particularly the African markets;
- The volatility and dependency of the markets;
- Storage space after harvesting and prior to shipment;
- The search for experienced food commodity handlers;
- Packing services and shipment quality control;
- The exact quantity of the shipments when the stock changes hands;
- The logistics documentation required and the many contacts concerned.
Taking advantage of its locations, its technical know-how, and its resources employed at every stage of the supply chain, Bolloré Logistics offers solutions that meet the specific challenges of this industry.
The Soft Commodities service range relies on:
- Intricate knowledge of the local environment in terms of transport, warehousing and the labour force, and of the country's economic and social climate.
- Advice on all regulatory and customs aspects for imported and exported products.
- Crop consolidation in our warehouses.
- Value-added handling and transport services suited to fragile stocks using a dedicated commodities management software: packing, manual sampling, bagging, re-bagging, fumigation, sheaving, etc.
- Port handling and shipping agency operations. In Africa, our secure logistics corridors open up access for producers in landlocked countries and optimise the transport of their goods to the seaport. We also offer an expert collateral management service.
- The entire import's logistics chain for seeds, fertiliser, and basic food commodities to the heart of interior of the country.
- Compliance with the most stringent QHSE standards, all local and international legislation, and the exacting requirements of our customers.
- Effective business continuity plans where required.
Bolloré Logistics supports its customers in their long-term growth and shares their vision to develop their business by anticipating and working with them when their logistics requirements change scale. In Africa, our local experience is an asset in identifying the best sites and most efficient sub-contractors, in areas where real-estate is limited, particularly in ports.
Lastly, our network of experts on every continent ensures a fluid supply chain and guarantees the transportation of goods with optimised lead times, costs and reliability.