Bolloré Logistics Singapore recently received the ISO 22716:2007 – Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in Singapore, being the first in the field.
The ISO 22716 Cosmetics GMP introduces a management systems’ approach to documenting and regulating the production, control, storage, and shipment of cosmetics products.
After successfully fulfilling two stages of audit by a third-party certification body conducted by Bureau Veritas in March 2016, Bolloré Logistics is proud to emerge with a perfect score of zero audit observations. This new benchmark has placed Bolloré Logistics as the first and only ISO 22716 certified Secondary Assembler in Singapore.
Emphasising on GMP is and always has been a top priority for the Group, hence why Bolloré Logistics Singapore has aligned in this important direction.
With the sole purpose of uplifting the quintessence of cosmetics quality, the Cosmetic, Toiletry & Fragrance Association of Singapore (CTFAS) seeks to promote industry awareness, providing a bridge between manufacturers and service providers. Just not too long ago, Bolloré Logistics invited core members of CTFAS to visit our cosmetics facility in the west of Singapore. These trendsetters provided great insight and contributed towards our improvements in obtaining this critical certification.
The core elements of an efficient Quality Management System foundation were achieved in the short span of one year since Bolloré Logistics Singapore embarked on this vision. The main factors included:
- Good documentation practice and qualified personnel trained on an initial and on-going basis,
- Well-maintained and clean premises with proper segregation of different material status,
- Calibrated measuring equipment and production equipment on a routine maintenance,
- Approved working instructions detailing the steps in the Secondary Assembly,
- Sustainable and logical sampling plans to conduct good release or reject,
- Full traceability for all distribution and production processes,
- Proper deviation handling by identifying the root cause and imposing corrective/preventive actions,
- Change control management by considering risk assessments and impact analysis,
- Regular review of written agreements with customers and business partners,
- Effective handling of complaints and product recalls.
ISO 22716, being an international standard, places Bolloré Logistics in the most strategic position to exceed their customers’ requirements. ISO 22716 is our strongest testament of capability to achieve that vision.