A complex environment
3,000 satellites beaming signals from space, 100 helicopters built each month, 1 plane landing every second around the world.... these figures alone illustrate the scope and complexity of the aerospace industry today. The value and extremely precise purpose of certain parts, the multitude of destinations, the globalisation of procurement and maintenance, and heightened pressure to optimize costs mean aerospace industry supply chains are increasingly governed by just-in-time processes and after-sales performance commitments.
Bolloré Logistics, expert in aerospace logistics
Aerospace solutions are backed by a network of specialists in over 50 countries and a 1,600-strong workforce, all trained in sector-specific techniques and processes and spread across reactive operational structures that are available 24/7 to manage urgent and sensitive flows.
Bolloré Logistics has a network of 16 platforms around the world, strategically close to Aeronautic Areas. Fully compliant with aerospace industry standards, facilities provide storage and handling of large volumes as well as value-added operations such as quality control, assembly, packaging, etc.
The supply of spare parts and units from multiple origins, synchronisation of line-side or port of call deliveries, delivery and management of flows linked to aircraft maintenance... Bolloré Logistics teams design secure, cost effective and scalable solutions.
The Bolloré Logistics range of Aerospace services includes:
- Handling of multi-supplier orders, including delivery lead-times and order consolidation.
- Management of specific customs requirements and regulatory compliance.
- Management of spare parts flows for optimised transit times.
- Design of comprehensive transport and logistics solutions for the seamless execution of PbH (Power by the Hour) contracts and a range of after-sales services.
- Project management for oversized and sensitive material (satellite, aircraft, fuselage, engine, etc.).
With more than 30 years of experience in the field, Bolloré Logistics is recognised as a global expert amongst all aerospace industry players:
- Aircraft manufacturers
- Airlines and operators
- Engine manufacturers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Maintenance & Repair Organisations (MROs)
Bolloré Logistics complies with international industry standards (ISO 9001, ISO 9120, ISO 14001, ISO 18001, C-TPAT, AEO, OASIS, EAR/ITAR regulations and TAPA standards). Employee awareness and training programs in these standards ensure the highest levels of quality, health and security. Bolloré Logistics' environmental SAVE PROGRAM is also designed to reduce and offset the Group's carbon footprint.
Optimal supply chain management
As Lead Logistics Provider (LLP) and Lead Transport Provider (LTP), Bolloré Logistics designs and oversees the in-depth transformation of supply chains with the centralisation of subcontractors.
Value creation is based on a 3 steps methodology:
- Design: definition of solutions to match set targets.
- Implementation: contractual commitments, partner selection and deployment.
- Execution: control towers coordinating operations to ensure continuous improvement.