Bolloré Logistics Poland recently performed a highly challenging and unique “Float-on / Float-off (FLO-FLO) operation in Gdansk Bay, on the Baltic See, near Gdynia Port in Poland.
The floating dock MARCO POLO was built by Polish shipyard Crist for the famous French construction company BOUYGUES TRAVAUX PUBLICS. This device is 56 meters long, 50 meters width and 27 meters high (the equivalent of eight regular floors building). The gross tonnage equals nearly 8,000 tons.
The scope of works was to load MARCO POLO onto the semi-submersible heavy lifter vessel Sun Rise.
To conduct this operation, Bolloré Logistics Poland was responsible for:
- Towing floating dock MARCO POLO from shipyard's quay to anchorage area by four tugs,
- Positioning the floating dock on the submersible vessel,
- Hiring: Pilot Captain, Towing Master Captain, four Riggers-Seamen, NDT Inspector,
- Customs clearance T2L, Harbour Master permission, Port fees,
- Single Voyage Declaration, Towing Train Certificate from Polish Ships Registry,
- Non-destruction Tests of welded stowage,
- Assistance during the FLO-FLO loading operation on the Bay of Gdansk.
This operation lasted for 11 hours and completed with success. After the loading on the vessel, Marco Polo was transported to Marseille, France and later to Monaco to build the maritime urban development project.
Bolloré Logistics Poland started activity at the end of the year 2010. The team consists of 30 experienced professionals and is located in three sites: Gdynia, Warszawa, and Krakow.
Bolloré Logistics Poland Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org