A sensitive sector
Today's increasingly stringent healthcare regulations, and the growing outsourcing and globalisation of production, require even greater flexibility from supply chains in the healthcare sector in order to optimise costs. Whether it’s a matter of quickly switching from one supply source to another, speeding up the availability of products in the event of shortages or even stopping a distribution process when a product is withdrawn from the market, healthcare supply chains must be able to constantly adapt.
Bolloré Logistics: a high performance, value-added offer
Bolloré Logistics' expert healthcare offer is able to draw upon a network of specialists that are based near the main manufacturing areas for pharmaceutical products and biotechnologies. Special attention is paid to cargo safety and security, compliance with health and sanitation regulations, and the strict management of the cold chain.
Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment: Bolloré Logistics is an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) and complies with ISO standards ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. All sites and equipment undergo regular maintenance and controls in accordance with the applicable regulations.
Solutions incorporate the recommendations for transit services set out in the Good Distribution Practices (GDP) guidelines and comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines in respect of all storage and postponement activities.
The Bolloré Logistics range of Healthcare services includes:
- Multimodal transport, air and ocean chartering.
- Refrigerated air and ocean containers with real-time temperature tracking.
- Inventory management and temperature-controlled warehousing (withdrawal and recall management, quarantine management).
- Value-added services: delayed differentiation and product labelling, order preparation and kitting, etc.
- Management of aid & relief flows from multiple countries to "pharmerging" markets (particularly Africa thanks to our established presence on the continent).
- Specific operations: isotropic and psychotropic drugs (dedicated facilities and trained teams).
- Logistic support for the transport of promotional information/goods.
Bolloré Logistics provides custom-fit solutions for all pharmaceutical industry operators:
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Generic drug manufacturers
- Animal health companies
- Manufacturers of medical supplies
- Manufacturing service providers
- Pharmaceutical wholesalers and distributors
Optimised health supply chains
Bolloré Logistics offers full visibility throughout the supply chain. As a Lead Logistics Provider (LLP), it constantly analyses its activity and performance as well as those of the network of subcontractors it manages.