Promoted by Thierry Ehrenbogen, CEO of Bolloré Logistics, the “Powering Sustainable Logistics” CSR Program was launched in the 3rd quarter of 2018, under the lead of the CSR Department. Rolled out across the world, its integration into Operations as well as into Sales Offer enables Bolloré Logistics to be part of an overall efficiency and performance approach driven by everyone in the Company, as evidenced in this first progress report. As a driving force for local development in more than 100 countries, Bolloré Logistics wants to support its customers as they expand on international markets, promoting a long-term growth model whilst reaffirming its commitment to combining global trade and sustainable development.
Through this report, Bolloré Logistics is making public its CSR roadmap, which details its ambitions for 2025 with regards to its 11 commitments to sustainability, with a first milestone in 2020. This report also delivers the first results in figures for the year 2018 for every goal that has been set up, together with some examples of concrete achievements.
Click on this link to download the Bolloré Logistics' CSR progress report 2018
A program that links the global to the local
Driven by our values, our Corporate Social Responsibility translates into strong commitment to ethics, social progress, environmental performance and local development wherever we operate. Drawn up together with customers and employees of Bolloré Logistics, the “Powering Sustainable Logistics” Program is based on 4 levers of action aligned with the Group’s CSR priorities:
- Ensuring ethical and responsible business practices within our logistics value chain
- Acting as a committed employer for our teams
- Providing our customers with sustainable supply chain solutions
- Strengthening relations with our stakeholders wherever we operate
This program is animated by a dedicated committee comprising members who come from all fields of expertise and all regions we operate in. The committee members also make up a vast network of ambassadors who make for smooth rollout of the program and buy-in from operations teams. In addition, an intercountry challenge aiming at linking the global to the local will be launched in early autumn in order to encourage employees worldwide to act on CSR-related issues while sharing best practice.
Goals that guarantee sustainable growth
The “Powering Sustainable Logistics” Program sets 54 goals to be achieved by 2025. These are detailed in the first part of this progress report. They make Bolloré Logistics’ sustainable growth strategy tangible and aim to boost its environmental and societal value at every stage of the supply chain. Bolloré Logistics will measure its progress every year using performance indicators, and will publish results in its annual progress report, in a dynamic of continuous improvement.
Taken from the highlights and events that occur in 2018, here are some examples of achievements published in our progress report:
- Awareness-raising session organized in fifty or so countries in the wake of the International Anti-Corruption Day (about 5,300 employees took part).
- Launch of Diversity and Social Inclusion Policy together with an ambitious action plan (about 5% of our permanent employees belong to underprivileged groups already).
- Awarded with a “B” for our first participation in the CDP (Climate Change).
- Climate strategy defined, based on the Science-Based Targets (SBT) Initiative model: reduction of CO2 emission intensity by 30% by 2027 compared to 2017.
- Launch of new sustainable transport solutions: weekly river shuttle service running in the Seine Valley operated upstream and downstream by gas-powered trucks, cross-docking by barge along the corridor of the Congo basin, railway service between Mombasa Port and Nairobi, Kenya.
- 120 societal-impact initiatives carried out by subsidiaries to help local communities and participation of 95 countries in Marathon Day 2018 for the benefit of SOS Villages d’Enfants charity.
Launch the presentation video of the Bolloré Logistics CSR program